Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dry To The Bone

We haven't seen rain since the tornado came through almost one month ago today, so I have been watering w/ the hose. This dry spell is a little early and I haven't had an opportunity to get the watering system back up and going. It's being fast tracked to the top of the list and I will do my best to get pics out here soon. In the meantime, a few garden pics of current state of affairs.

Tomatoes blooming. This one is Granny Cantrell. Knock out rose in background.

Honey super added to bees. Bzzzzzz!

Buckwheat seeding. What till I have a post on buckwheat flour!
Can these possibly get any more blue?


Garlic scapes, aren't they pretty. Garlic will be ready to harvest soon.



Rouge Vif d'Etampes squash fruiting. Aren't the booms gorgeous?

 This corn is planted Three Sisters style. The squash is to the outside because this area gets quite a bit of shade, especially in the early morning and late afternoon. The corn is Cherokee White Flour corn and the first row is planted w/ Scarlett Runner Beans. The second and third with King of the Garden Lima Bean the remaining three in McCaslin 42 Pole Bean. The outside is planted w/ Rouge Vif D'Etampes that you can see in one of the photos above and Yellow Moon and Stars Watermelon on the outside corner. The links will take you to my gardening pages at Folia Social Garden Tracker and Organiser. Where I try to keep up to date on everything in the garden. I am still uploading plant info, so it's not complete, but a more comprehensive picture of the highlights I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment